UK: Sainsbury's, Boots may abandon JV
A health and beauty joint venture between UK supermarket Sainsbury's and UK health and beauty chain Boots may be abandoned in order for Sainsbury's to focus on the bidding war for Safeway. The two companies have been testing a joint venture whereby Boots takes over the whole health and beauty range in large, out-of-town Sainsbury's stores. Trials have taken place in nine stores since October 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
Today I can offer you 30 days access for $1 - PLUS a free copy of the 174-page eBook ‘Food For Thought’, worth $34.99.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims
- US performance weighs on General Mills
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Hovis "mulls Irish Pride Bakeries takeover"