UK: Sainsbury's H1 profits up, Nectar a success
UK supermarket retailer J Sainsbury has met analyst's expectations with group pre-tax profit for the six-month period to 12 October 2002 reaching £342m (US$538m), compared to £309m in the same period last year. Operating profit at the group's Sainsbury's supermarkets in the UK was £286m for the half-year, compared to £249m in the same period last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations