UK: Sainsbury’s imports 25lb jackfruit from Thailand
UK retailer Sainsbury's is increasing its range of fruits with the introduction of the exotic jackfruit to 15 of its stores. Costing £24.99 (US$38.96), the jackfruit is the most expensive fruit on sale in Britain at the moment. Sainsbury's is confident that it will get a positive reaction from consumers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund