UK: Sainsbury's initial response to the competition commission report
Peter Davis, Group Chief Executive of Sainsburys said, "We are delighted that the Competition Commission Report confirms that UK consumers need no help in making informed choices about where to shop. The Commission indicates high levels of consumer satisfaction with what has been proved a fiercely competitive industry."A code of practice dealing with supplier relationships has already been produced at the request of Nick Brown. In addition Sainsbury's has its own voluntary code which was developed in conjunction with our suppliers earlier this year and we have led the way in partnerships with farmers, producers and processors to tackle problems, share information and develop opportunities."The Competition Commission found that nearly 95% of suppliers are happy with their relationship with the UK supermarkets. It also recommends a regulated code of practice in this area: we are happy to co-operate on this with the DGFT."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw