UK: Sainsbury's market share falls, while Asda, Tesco gain
UK supermarket chain Sainsbury's continues to be beaten in terms of sales growth by rivals Tesco and Asda, according to the latest sales data. The data from industry researcher Taylor Nelson Sofres, based on till receipts provided by the industry, showed Sainsbury's market share was 16.8% in the 12 weeks to 22 June, compared to 17.7% in the year-ago period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark