UK: Sainsbury's market share falls, while Asda, Tesco gain
UK supermarket chain Sainsbury's continues to be beaten in terms of sales growth by rivals Tesco and Asda, according to the latest sales data. The data from industry researcher Taylor Nelson Sofres, based on till receipts provided by the industry, showed Sainsbury's market share was 16.8% in the 12 weeks to 22 June, compared to 17.7% in the year-ago period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project