UK: Sainsbury's narrows choice for chairman role
UK retailer Sainsbury has remained silent on reports it has narrowed down its search for a replacement to chairman Sir Philip Hampton to two candidates.
Sainsbury's is understood to be considering Burberry chairman John Peace and Thomson Reuters deputy chairman Niall FitzGerald for the GBP396,000 (US$651,630) a year role, according to the Daily Mail.
Hampton is stepping down from his role after becoming chairman of the Royal Bank of Scotland.
It is understood the grocer will make its choice at its annual meeting on 15 July.
Morrisons said today (19 November) that its sales growth was dented by lower food inflation in the third quarter, but insisted that its high growth rate was sustainable for the "foreseeable future"....
UK supermarket group Sainsbury's has insisted that its continued investment in food differentiates the company from the rest of the country's grocery retail market....
"The silence was indeed deafening", one UK media commentator remarked on Sainsbury's refusal yesterday (15 October) to comment on rumours that Qatar's sovereign wealth fund was plotting to renew its e...
Morrisons said today (19 November) that its third-quarter like-for-like sales growth had slowed. The news, coming hot on the heels of CEO Marc Bolland's announcement that he is moving to Marks and Spe...
Dido Harding, the head of Sainsbury's convenience business, is leaving the UK retailer to take up the position of chief executive of telecommunications firm TalkTalk....
Asda, the UK unit of Wal-Mart, has played down reports that it is trying to emulate Sainsbury's following the use of a slogan first coined by its rival in the 1950s....
The UK grocery sector is "largely buoyant" in the run up to Christmas, industry analysts TNS Worldpanel claimed this afternoon (8 December) - and consumers are showing signs of gaining in confidence....
Tesco has denied that it has upped the pace of new store openings in the UK ahead of proposed regulatory changes designed to increase competition in the grocery sector....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review