UK: Sainsbury's opens new customer-designed store
British supermarket giant Sainsbury's has unveiled a new customer-focused store at Hazel Grove, in Manchester. The retailer explained that the new outlet was constructed with reference to a customer 'wish list' and includes new technology and services. Twenty shoppers of different ages and lifestyles were asked to draw their ideal store seven months ago, and the designs have been incorporated into the new 40,000ft² store.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch