UK: Sainsbury's opens new customer-designed store
British supermarket giant Sainsbury's has unveiled a new customer-focused store at Hazel Grove, in Manchester. The retailer explained that the new outlet was constructed with reference to a customer 'wish list' and includes new technology and services. Twenty shoppers of different ages and lifestyles were asked to draw their ideal store seven months ago, and the designs have been incorporated into the new 40,000ft² store.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China