UK: Sainsbury's plans new convenience stores at Shell petrol stations
UK supermarket operator J Sainsbury has announced plans to open convenience stores at 100 existing Shell petrol locations across the UK, creating up to 2,000 jobs. This decision follows a successful trial at six sites combining Shell's branded forecourts and Sainsbury's Local store format. Sainsbury's said the emphasis of each site will be on convenience, quality fuels and ease of shopping. The stores will provide a range of ready meals, quality fresh fruit, vegetables and prepared salads, beers, wines and spirits, bakery, everyday non-food items and Shell's car care products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp