UK: Sainsbury’s Q4 sales beat expectations, but not catching up with Tesco
UK multiple retailer J Sainsbury today [Friday] said that fourth quarter sales are growing healthily, with same-store sales excluding petrol up 6.8% year-on-year, when adjusted to exclude the impact of an early Easter. Total sales growth for the year to 30 March came in at 7.8%, while UK like-for-like sales growth adjusted for Easter was 6%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund