UK: Sainsbury’s Q4 sales beat expectations, but not catching up with Tesco
UK multiple retailer J Sainsbury today [Friday] said that fourth quarter sales are growing healthily, with same-store sales excluding petrol up 6.8% year-on-year, when adjusted to exclude the impact of an early Easter. Total sales growth for the year to 30 March came in at 7.8%, while UK like-for-like sales growth adjusted for Easter was 6%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project