UK: Sainsbury's recalls TTD pie
Sainsbury's has recalled some of its Taste the Difference Steak and Ale pie because it contains celery, which is not mentioned on the ingredients list.
The labelling error makes consumption of the pie a health risk to those who are allergic to celery, the company said.
Pies with a use-by date of 12 September should be returned to the retailer for a refund.
The company has alerted allergy organisations, who will contact their members, and is displaying point of sale recall notices.
No other products are affected.
There has been huge growth in ethically-traded goods in recent years but some brands stand out from the crowd. Divine Chocolate would be among them. As the UK's Fairtrade Fortnight draws to a close, B...
US cereal giant Kellogg has indicated that it will remain focused on innovation in the face of global recession, with product launches expected to drive continued growth in 2009 and beyond. One major ...
Sainsbury's has acquired 24 stores from fellow UK retailer The Co-operative Group for GBP83m (US$117m)....
Marks and Spencer needs "fundamental" change to its business, including the complete disposal of its Simply Food stores, if it is to grow sales and profit in the medium term, according to analysts at ...
Asda, the UK arm of Wal-Mart, is enjoying the fastest growth in sales among the country's leading food retailers, according to data published today (3 March) from TNS Worldpanel....
Upmarket UK retailer Waitrose is reportedly preparing to launch a lower-priced range of everyday foods....
Asda has said the UK government's plans to introduce a code of practice to govern relations between the country's supermarkets and suppliers would be a "perverse path to follow"....
UK retailer Morrisons has announced it is to cut prices on 4,000 products....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review