UK: Sainsbury’s reports slowdown in sales growth
The UK's second-biggest supermarket retailer J Sainsbury has confirmed that its sales growth slowed to 2.4% in the second quarter. In the 16 weeks ending 12 October, Sainsbury's sales increased 2.4% compared to 2.7% in the 12 weeks to 22 June, which was in turn a slowdown from the previous quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO