UK: Sainsbury's savacentre format to be trialed
UK grocery giant Sainsbury's is to trial a new format at six sites under a redesigned "Sainsbury's savacentre" fascia. The first store, with a more simplified look, opens tomorrow [Thursday] in Northfield, Birmingham. Under a "Making Life Taste Better For Less" strap line, the stores are designed to deliver a stronger emphasis on value. The new Sainsbury's savacentres also aim to attract family shoppers, stocking the full range of Sainsbury's Economy products, the best selling products from other ranges such as Taste the Difference and many new, family sized, food products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week