UK: Sainsbury's savacentre format to be trialed
UK grocery giant Sainsbury's is to trial a new format at six sites under a redesigned "Sainsbury's savacentre" fascia. The first store, with a more simplified look, opens tomorrow [Thursday] in Northfield, Birmingham. Under a "Making Life Taste Better For Less" strap line, the stores are designed to deliver a stronger emphasis on value. The new Sainsbury's savacentres also aim to attract family shoppers, stocking the full range of Sainsbury's Economy products, the best selling products from other ranges such as Taste the Difference and many new, family sized, food products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti