UK: Sainsbury's savacentre format to be trialed
UK grocery giant Sainsbury's is to trial a new format at six sites under a redesigned "Sainsbury's savacentre" fascia. The first store, with a more simplified look, opens tomorrow [Thursday] in Northfield, Birmingham. Under a "Making Life Taste Better For Less" strap line, the stores are designed to deliver a stronger emphasis on value. The new Sainsbury's savacentres also aim to attract family shoppers, stocking the full range of Sainsbury's Economy products, the best selling products from other ranges such as Taste the Difference and many new, family sized, food products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid