UK: Sainsbury's seen gaining market share as continued growth confounds analysts' expectations
Sir Peter Davis, chairman and CEO of the UK's second largest supermarket chain, Sainsbury's , revealed yesterday that strong sales growth during its third quarter meant that Sainsbury's could confound analysts' predictions of a slowdown in the supermarket sector. "We haven't seen any slowdown yet," said Davis, "and these are the most recent figures in the market."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast