UK: Sainsbury's statement gives positive outlook on trading performance
The second largest supermarket group in the UK, Sainsbury today (18 October) released a statement ahead of an analysts' meeting, which revealed that current sales and profits are in line with expectations. The announcement boosted the chain's share value by 5%, from a figure which had been under-performing sector rivals by around a fifth this year.In a meeting later today, the executive board of the company is expected to provide a progress report to investment analysts on the measures implemented to improve trading performance outlined at the end of May this year and how the business will be reinvigorated.Roger Matthews, finance director, revealed that the simultaneous strategic review of the Homebase DIY chain, which was effectively put up for sale at £1bn during August, was progressing but "likely to take a few more weeks to complete."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016