UK: Sainsbury's targets South East in c-store push
Sainsbury's has said it will open 60 new convenience stores in London and the South East over the next 12 months.
The announcement, made on Thursday (13 February), is a further sign Sainsbury's is looking to continue to expand its network of convenience stores.
In January, the retailer saw the number of its Sainsbury's Local stores exceed the number of its supermarkets for the first time with the opening of its 594th convenience outlet in Coventry. Sainsbury's currently has 185 Local stores in Greater London.
According to the IGD, the value of the UK convenience sector was GBP35.6bn in the 12 months to April 2013, up 4.9% year-on-year.
The industry analysts have forecast the size of the market will grow to GBP46.2bn by 2018.
J Sainsbury plc - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
J Sainsbury plc (SBRY) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Glob...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
J Sainsbury Plc is one of the UK’s “big four” retailers alongside Tesco, Wm Morrison and Asda Group. The retailer has performed well over recent years and with 33 consecutive quarters of growth, it i...
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Why it is too early to call Unilever food revival
- France takes big step to uniform FOP labels
- What the analysts say: The verdict on Danone's Q1
- How will Flowers Foods grow in speciality bread?
- Unilever food, refreshment sales rise
- Organic food sales in US up 11% in 2014
- UPDATE: Danone CEO upbeat on 2015 growth
- Nestle sales rise on emerging markets, pricing
- Nestle in "exclusive" Davigel talks with Brakes