UK: Sainsbury's - the need for balance - COMMENT (Members)
Sainsbury's has announced that it will introduce a GBP100 million wave of price cuts this autumn. Following on from a nine-month hiatus, the price war in UK grocery retail seems to be back on. Tesco announced price cuts last week and Sainsbury's has followed suit by announcing its own cuts on 5,000 product lines. But with a potential price war looming, non-price competition may be equally as important for Sainsbury's.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods