UK: Sainsbury's - the need for balance - COMMENT (Members)
Sainsbury's has announced that it will introduce a GBP100 million wave of price cuts this autumn. Following on from a nine-month hiatus, the price war in UK grocery retail seems to be back on. Tesco announced price cuts last week and Sainsbury's has followed suit by announcing its own cuts on 5,000 product lines. But with a potential price war looming, non-price competition may be equally as important for Sainsbury's.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action