UK: Sainsbury's to become the first UK food retailer to sell beef tested for BSE
Today, Sainsbury's announces that it is to become the first UK food retailer to introduce BSE testing on its beef. This announcement comes after trials on a number of tests developed by Swiss scientists. Initially the supermarket chain will trial implementing the test at abattoirs that supply them with meat. If successful the food retailer hopes to test all of its beef for BSE in a move to increase consumer confidence in British beef.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses