UK: Sainsbury’s to trial square tins of soup and baked beans
Retailer Sainsbury's, the second largest supermarket chain the UK, has announced that it will soon be launching a trial of square tins for soup and baked beans. Proponents of the new tins argue that they take up less space, are easier to stack, and are less likely to fall out of cupboards. Shoppers open the cans with a ring pull.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm