The verdict from the City: Sainsbury's trading update
The UK's third-largest retailer said today (13 June) it was continuing to perform better than the rest of the market after another increase in underlying quarterly sales. However, shares in Sainsbury's fell after the company's sales missed City forecasts and there are some concerns increased competition from the likes of Tesco could erode the gains the retailer has made in recent months.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Focus: Progress but Campbell faces questions
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales
- PepsiCo H1 profits up, forecast raised
- Hovis eyes Leicester bakery closure
- M&A-hungry dairy co-op Agropur in Davisco deal
- Australian dairy innovation "hub" targets Asia