The verdict from the City: Sainsbury's trading update
The UK's third-largest retailer said today (13 June) it was continuing to perform better than the rest of the market after another increase in underlying quarterly sales. However, shares in Sainsbury's fell after the company's sales missed City forecasts and there are some concerns increased competition from the likes of Tesco could erode the gains the retailer has made in recent months.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why US foodservice could offer route to growth
- Briefing: 11 menu trends shaping US foodservice
- Foodservice in the US - what the analysts say
- How can brands capitalise in US foodservice?
- UK organic industry's bullish outlook
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- Dr Oetker to buy Coppenrath & Wiese
- Hain buys 100% of deli meats firm Empire
- Post Holdings launches breakfast biscuits in US
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm