USA: Salad leaves still contaminated with bacteria despite washing
Washing salad greens thoroughly may not be enough to ensure that they are free of bacteria before eating them, according to food microbiologist Karl Matthews and colleagues at New Jersey#;s Rutgers University, for harmful bacteria can travel up the plant#;s roots to end up inside the leaves.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast