UK: Salads specialist Hazeldene to expand Wigan site
UK salads firm Hazeldene is set to carry out a GBP1.7m (US$2.7m) expansion of its production plan in Wigan.
MD Simon Ball said: "We're really pleased about the expansion as not only will it boost the local economy, it also means we are a step closer to our aim of being the preferred choice of ready to eat fresh salad and speciality products. Our plans are to expand the factory so that we can install two new lines, bringing the total number up to ten."
The creation of a Groceries Code Adjudicator has been opposed by nine of the ten UK retailers which it would be overseeing. Ben Cooper suggests their position does not sit well with much-vaunted prono...
Dave West, raised eyebrows last week with his decision to, well, head west and leave his post as Hershey chief executive for the top job at Del Monte Foods. But will Hershey's fortunes head south in t...
Casino's anger towards the Diniz Group intensified this week as it became clear that its fellow shareholder in CBD had been in talks to merge the Brazilian retailer with the local operations of Carref...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review