UK: Sale of Unilever bonds in bid to pay back bank loans
£4.8bn worth of Unilever bonds are to reach the corporate bond market today, in a bid by the UK based foods group to pay off bank loans. Money was borrowed by Unilever to complete the sale of US group Bestfoods , but this move is surprising considering the increasingly volatile nature of the market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea