JAPAN: Sales, earnings up at Seven & I
Sales, profits up at 7-11 retailer Seven & I Holdings
Japanese convenience retailer Seven & I Holdings has reported an increase in sales and profits for the first nine months of its financial year.
The company behind the 7-11 chain booked net profit of JPY96.96bn (US$923.6m) for the period to the end of November, up 15.9% year-on-year. Operating profit was up 15.1% at JPY249.14bn.
The higher profits came on the back of rising sales. Seven & I said its revenues from operations increased 13.8% to JPY4.19trn.
The company maintained its forecast for annual earnings. It expects a net profit of JPY170bn and an operating profit of JPY340bn on the back of revenue of JPY5.64 trn.
- Kind CEO on FDA's labelling U-turn - interview
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Russia may renew food embargo again
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Fonterra dismisses claims CEO Spierings could exit
- News of week - Nestle, Wilmar, Danone
- Vandemoortele family to own 100% of bakery group