JAPAN: Sales, earnings up at Seven & I
Sales, profits up at 7-11 retailer Seven & I Holdings
Japanese convenience retailer Seven & I Holdings has reported an increase in sales and profits for the first nine months of its financial year.
The company behind the 7-11 chain booked net profit of JPY96.96bn (US$923.6m) for the period to the end of November, up 15.9% year-on-year. Operating profit was up 15.1% at JPY249.14bn.
The higher profits came on the back of rising sales. Seven & I said its revenues from operations increased 13.8% to JPY4.19trn.
The company maintained its forecast for annual earnings. It expects a net profit of JPY170bn and an operating profit of JPY340bn on the back of revenue of JPY5.64 trn.
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- Will Belvita win at breakfast in China? - analysis
- Interview: How American Halal rides ethical wave
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Genius Foods buys UK gluten-free firm Chapel Foods
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour
- Greencore profits lifted by on-the-go food focus
- Nestle to sell Jamaican dairy unit