JAPAN: Sales, earnings up at Seven & I
Sales, profits up at 7-11 retailer Seven & I Holdings
Japanese convenience retailer Seven & I Holdings has reported an increase in sales and profits for the first nine months of its financial year.
The company behind the 7-11 chain booked net profit of JPY96.96bn (US$923.6m) for the period to the end of November, up 15.9% year-on-year. Operating profit was up 15.1% at JPY249.14bn.
The higher profits came on the back of rising sales. Seven & I said its revenues from operations increased 13.8% to JPY4.19trn.
The company maintained its forecast for annual earnings. It expects a net profit of JPY170bn and an operating profit of JPY340bn on the back of revenue of JPY5.64 trn.
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Nestle to acquire remaining stake in Osem
- Kerry Group launches Pure free-from meals in UK