JAPAN: Sales, earnings up at Seven & I
Sales, profits up at 7-11 retailer Seven & I Holdings
Japanese convenience retailer Seven & I Holdings has reported an increase in sales and profits for the first nine months of its financial year.
The company behind the 7-11 chain booked net profit of JPY96.96bn (US$923.6m) for the period to the end of November, up 15.9% year-on-year. Operating profit was up 15.1% at JPY249.14bn.
The higher profits came on the back of rising sales. Seven & I said its revenues from operations increased 13.8% to JPY4.19trn.
The company maintained its forecast for annual earnings. It expects a net profit of JPY170bn and an operating profit of JPY340bn on the back of revenue of JPY5.64 trn.
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- US performance weighs on General Mills
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims
- Hovis "mulls Irish Pride Bakeries takeover"
- JBS acquires Cargill's US pork unit
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit