CANADA: Sales, EBITDA up at dairy co-op Agropur
Canadian dairy co-op Agropur has reported higher annual sales and EBITDA, insisting it was able to grow in a market where competition, it said, has been "at a rarely seen level".
Excluding an extra week in its previous financial year, Agropur posted a 10.1% increase in EBITDA to C$264.4m (US$240.4m) for the 12 months to 2 November. Revenues were up 7% at C$3.8bn.
Agropur did not disclose a net profit figure. However, it said "patronage dividends" were worth C$110.5m in 2013 and members' equity passed C$1bn for the first time. In its last financial year, Agropur declared C$101.6m in patronage dividends.
"We are pleased with our 2013 results," CEO Robert Coallier said. "Competition in Canada remains at a rarely seen level but Agropur was able to grow and maintain solid financial health thanks to tight management and strategic initiatives undertaken throughout the year that support our co-operative's development and longevity."
Agropur has made a series of acquisitions in recent months, most recently the purchase of Quebec brie and camembert maker Fromagerie Damafro.
Dairy in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptions...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global dairy food market during July 2014. Summa...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global ice cream market during July 2014. Summar...
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis