FRANCE: Sales growth slows at poultry firm LDC
French poultry processor LDC saw revenue inch up 0.9% in its third quarter as its sales growth slowed compared to the first two quarters of its financial year.
LDC booked a 0.9% increase in turnover to EUR753.2m (US$1.03bn) for the three months to the end of November.
Sales in France, excluding its upstream business, were up 0.8% at EUR520.2m. LDC pointed to a 3% fall in volumes and a tough comparison with the previous financial year's third quarter.
Outside France, revenue increased 1.4%, with volumes up 12%.
LDC's catering arm, its third business, reported a 1.7% fall in sales.
For the first nine months of the year, LDC saw sales increase 5% to EUR2.21bn.
LDC will report its annual sales on 8 April
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- German dairy DMK to pursue cost-cutting plans
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights