FRANCE: Sales growth slows at poultry firm LDC
French poultry processor LDC saw revenue inch up 0.9% in its third quarter as its sales growth slowed compared to the first two quarters of its financial year.
LDC booked a 0.9% increase in turnover to EUR753.2m (US$1.03bn) for the three months to the end of November.
Sales in France, excluding its upstream business, were up 0.8% at EUR520.2m. LDC pointed to a 3% fall in volumes and a tough comparison with the previous financial year's third quarter.
Outside France, revenue increased 1.4%, with volumes up 12%.
LDC's catering arm, its third business, reported a 1.7% fall in sales.
For the first nine months of the year, LDC saw sales increase 5% to EUR2.21bn.
LDC will report its annual sales on 8 April
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site