FRANCE: Sales growth slows at poultry firm LDC
French poultry processor LDC saw revenue inch up 0.9% in its third quarter as its sales growth slowed compared to the first two quarters of its financial year.
LDC booked a 0.9% increase in turnover to EUR753.2m (US$1.03bn) for the three months to the end of November.
Sales in France, excluding its upstream business, were up 0.8% at EUR520.2m. LDC pointed to a 3% fall in volumes and a tough comparison with the previous financial year's third quarter.
Outside France, revenue increased 1.4%, with volumes up 12%.
LDC's catering arm, its third business, reported a 1.7% fall in sales.
For the first nine months of the year, LDC saw sales increase 5% to EUR2.21bn.
LDC will report its annual sales on 8 April
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Nestle sets new savings target
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets
- Wilmar, Adani and Ruchi Soya announce India JV