FRANCE: Sales growth slows at poultry firm LDC
French poultry processor LDC saw revenue inch up 0.9% in its third quarter as its sales growth slowed compared to the first two quarters of its financial year.
LDC booked a 0.9% increase in turnover to EUR753.2m (US$1.03bn) for the three months to the end of November.
Sales in France, excluding its upstream business, were up 0.8% at EUR520.2m. LDC pointed to a 3% fall in volumes and a tough comparison with the previous financial year's third quarter.
Outside France, revenue increased 1.4%, with volumes up 12%.
LDC's catering arm, its third business, reported a 1.7% fall in sales.
For the first nine months of the year, LDC saw sales increase 5% to EUR2.21bn.
LDC will report its annual sales on 8 April
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Pinnacle Foods names Mondelez's Mark Clouse CEO
- ConAgra sells two bakeries to Alpha Baking