FRANCE: Sales growth slows at poultry firm LDC
French poultry processor LDC saw revenue inch up 0.9% in its third quarter as its sales growth slowed compared to the first two quarters of its financial year.
LDC booked a 0.9% increase in turnover to EUR753.2m (US$1.03bn) for the three months to the end of November.
Sales in France, excluding its upstream business, were up 0.8% at EUR520.2m. LDC pointed to a 3% fall in volumes and a tough comparison with the previous financial year's third quarter.
Outside France, revenue increased 1.4%, with volumes up 12%.
LDC's catering arm, its third business, reported a 1.7% fall in sales.
For the first nine months of the year, LDC saw sales increase 5% to EUR2.21bn.
LDC will report its annual sales on 8 April
Frozen Food in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pro...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global savory & deli foods market during May 2014...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global seasonings, dressings & sauces market duri...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global meat market during November 2014. Using this report...
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- How drawn are US consumers to cage-free eggs?
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Hain Celestial lifted by international, protein
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US
- Coca-Cola to invest in Nigerian dairy group Chi