US: Sales up, profits plunge at Seneca
Seneca Foods booked plummeting full year profits despite an increase in sales.
The US canned food company said net earnings in the 12 months to 31 March fell to US$13.8m, down from $41.4m in the prior year. EBITDA fell to $46.58m from $93.88m.
Earnings were hit by restructuring and rationalisation costs, LIFO charges and expenses linked to the group being named the stalking horse bidder for US bakery Allens.
Increased expenses more than offset sales gains in the year. Net sales increased 5%, to $1.34bn. The company said sales mix and volume gains contributed.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Synopsis Canadean's "Seneca Foods Corporation : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The pro...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global soups market during April 2014. Summary U...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global meat market during April 2014. Summary Us...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Findus: "No sale process underway" in UK
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Hovis CFO Michael Kennedy exits
- Weston Foods acquires Creative Occasions
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019