CHILE: Salmoamerica to be purchased by Fjord Seafood ASA
Fjord Seafood ASA has entered into an agreement to purchase 100% of the shares in the aquaculture company Salmoamerica Ltd (Salmones Americanos Ltda) in Chile.The takeover is expected to occur during November. The purchase price for the shares has been agreed at US$50m.Salmoamerica is a fully integrated marine farming company that consists of two hatcheries and three smolt facilities with an annual capacity of five million smolt, ten fish farm facilities with a capacity of 17,000 tonnes, and slaughtering and value-added processing facility with a capacity of approximately 15,000 tonnes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"