CHILE: Salmoamerica to be purchased by Fjord Seafood ASA
Fjord Seafood ASA has entered into an agreement to purchase 100% of the shares in the aquaculture company Salmoamerica Ltd (Salmones Americanos Ltda) in Chile.The takeover is expected to occur during November. The purchase price for the shares has been agreed at US$50m.Salmoamerica is a fully integrated marine farming company that consists of two hatcheries and three smolt facilities with an annual capacity of five million smolt, ten fish farm facilities with a capacity of 17,000 tonnes, and slaughtering and value-added processing facility with a capacity of approximately 15,000 tonnes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin