CHILE: Salmon export earnings down 20%
Earnings from Chilean farm-raised salmon exports were down 20% in the period January to July this year compared to the same period last year, according to a report by the Salmon Industry Association of Chile. Between January and July this year, sales of Chilean salmon abroad totalled US$510.7m, while total sales for the 12 months ending July were $839m. However, export volumes increased from 179,892 tons for January to July last year, to 210,041 tons for the same period this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast