CHILE: Salmon export earnings down 20%
Earnings from Chilean farm-raised salmon exports were down 20% in the period January to July this year compared to the same period last year, according to a report by the Salmon Industry Association of Chile. Between January and July this year, sales of Chilean salmon abroad totalled US$510.7m, while total sales for the 12 months ending July were $839m. However, export volumes increased from 179,892 tons for January to July last year, to 210,041 tons for the same period this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill