CANADA/USA: Salt resistant canola sparks hopes for previously unused land
Scientists at the Canadian University of Toronto and the US-based University of California have developed a means of creating salt-resistant canola seed.
The research findings, which were published in a scientific journal yesterday, have sparked hopes that the GM crop could make previously unusable land agriculturally viable.
Food producers with small domestic markets could struggle to make their business viable, unless they can conquer the export market. But in Tasmania, producers are cashing in on demand for gourmet prod...
Faith in the health benefits of a 'Mediterranean' diet have made olive oil fashionable, but the health advantages of rapeseed oil are lost on most consumers. It's actually one of the healthiest of fat...
Traces of genetically modified (GM) material have been found in canola from Victoria, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported....
Australian agriculture minister Warren Truss has called on state and territory governments to end their moratoria on the cultivation of GM crops if they are at all serious about making their jurisdict...
The Brazilian port of Paranagua stepped up its ban on exports of genetically modified soybeans in May, despite a Supreme Court ruling in April that the port must ship the GM beans, the Dow Jones news ...
The European Food Safety Authority has declared that genetically modified maize strain Bt11 maize, genetically modified to resist certain butterfly and moth pests, and containing a tolerance to the h...
Two-thirds of Russians are unwilling to eat food containing genetically modified ingredients, according to a poll conducted by the All-Russia Public Opinion Research Center (VTsIOM) and reported by th...
Developing countries are becoming increasingly innovative in biotechnology, claimed a UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) report, which says they are close to releasing important new geneticall...
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review