AUSTRALIA: Sam's Seafood withdraws takeover offer for Global Seafood
Brisbane-based Sam's Seafood has announced that its has withdrawn its takeover offer for Global Seafood Australia after the latter revealed a A$5.5m (US$3.55m) write-down last week. Global Seafood said it would write down to zero the company's goodwill and brand assets for the fiscal year. This, together with the company's June profit warning of a $1.4m loss for the year, related to the SARS outbreak, points to an expected loss of $7m for the year, reported the Australian Associated Press.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action