UK: Samworth extends Ginsters sandwich range
The Deep Fill Cheddar and Bacon sandwich will retail at GBP2.99 (US$4.72)
UK food maker Samworth Brothers has made two of its Ginsters sandwiches lines permanent editions to the range.
The Deep Fill Chicken Jalfrezi and Deep Fill Cheddar and Bacon sandwiches are now permanent editions to the company's range, following their "success" as special editions, the company said today (14 September).
Samworth said the Chicken Jalfrezi had been the "best selling SKU" in the range this year.
Ginsters head of brand marketing Andy Valentine said: "Introduced to the market as special editions, these new additions have performed exceedingly well within the market. We have included these two varieties within our Deep Fill range, as this is a very popular category, accounting for over 50% of our sandwich value sales."
The Deep Fill Chicken Jalfrezi and Deep Fill Cheddar and Bacon sandwiches will retail at GBP2.99 (US$4.72) each and will be available nationwide at independent retailers, forecourts and symbol groups.
Brian Stein will step down as CEO of UK own-label manufacturer and Ginsters pasties owner Samworth Brothers at the end of the month....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action