PHILIPPINES: San Miguel still eyeing RFM meat division
San Miguel Corp. (SMC) of the Philippines said today [Tuesday] that it is continuing to consider the meat processing and poultry unit of compatriot group RFM Corp. as a potential acquisition opportunity. SMC earlier announced that it was making US$1bn available for acquisitions this year, both at home and overseas. The group has been eyeing RFM's meat division since last year. RFM confirmed in a statement yesterday that it has been holding talks with SMC over the possible sale of the unit. RFM president and CEO Jose Concepcion took the opportunity to deny speculation that SMC is interested in buying RFM itself, which mainly focuses on milling operations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group