PHILIPPINES: San Miguel still eyeing RFM meat division
San Miguel Corp. (SMC) of the Philippines said today [Tuesday] that it is continuing to consider the meat processing and poultry unit of compatriot group RFM Corp. as a potential acquisition opportunity. SMC earlier announced that it was making US$1bn available for acquisitions this year, both at home and overseas. The group has been eyeing RFM's meat division since last year. RFM confirmed in a statement yesterday that it has been holding talks with SMC over the possible sale of the unit. RFM president and CEO Jose Concepcion took the opportunity to deny speculation that SMC is interested in buying RFM itself, which mainly focuses on milling operations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix