PHILIPPINES: San Miguel still eyeing RFM meat division
San Miguel Corp. (SMC) of the Philippines said today [Tuesday] that it is continuing to consider the meat processing and poultry unit of compatriot group RFM Corp. as a potential acquisition opportunity. SMC earlier announced that it was making US$1bn available for acquisitions this year, both at home and overseas. The group has been eyeing RFM's meat division since last year. RFM confirmed in a statement yesterday that it has been holding talks with SMC over the possible sale of the unit. RFM president and CEO Jose Concepcion took the opportunity to deny speculation that SMC is interested in buying RFM itself, which mainly focuses on milling operations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin