PHILIPPINES: San Miguel still eyeing RFM meat division
San Miguel Corp. (SMC) of the Philippines said today [Tuesday] that it is continuing to consider the meat processing and poultry unit of compatriot group RFM Corp. as a potential acquisition opportunity. SMC earlier announced that it was making US$1bn available for acquisitions this year, both at home and overseas. The group has been eyeing RFM's meat division since last year. RFM confirmed in a statement yesterday that it has been holding talks with SMC over the possible sale of the unit. RFM president and CEO Jose Concepcion took the opportunity to deny speculation that SMC is interested in buying RFM itself, which mainly focuses on milling operations.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report