USA: Sanderson Farms, Inc. issues statement on hatchery shooting
Sanderson Farms, Inc. (Nasdaq/NM:SAFM) yesterday issued the following statement in wake of a terrible tragedy that occurred at the Company's production facility in Bryan, Texas. ``I very much regret to confirm that a shooting took place at our hatchery in Bryan, Texas earlier today,'' stated Joe F. Sanderson, Jr., chairman and chief executive officer of Sanderson Farms. ``As a result of this tragic incident, one of the Company's employees was fatally wounded, and a second employee suffered a gunshot wound to the arm, but is in good condition. In addition, an independent contract grower for the Company apparently died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound following the incident. The details of this morning's events remain under investigation by the authorities at this time and we are working with the local police in every way possible to investigate this matter. Pending this investigation, we cannot provide any further information at this time. Everyone at Sanderson Farms is deeply saddened by the loss of our employee and contract grower, and we extend our deepest sympathies to the victims' families at this time.''
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report