USA: Sanderson Farms, Inc. issues statement on hatchery shooting
Sanderson Farms, Inc. (Nasdaq/NM:SAFM) yesterday issued the following statement in wake of a terrible tragedy that occurred at the Company's production facility in Bryan, Texas. ``I very much regret to confirm that a shooting took place at our hatchery in Bryan, Texas earlier today,'' stated Joe F. Sanderson, Jr., chairman and chief executive officer of Sanderson Farms. ``As a result of this tragic incident, one of the Company's employees was fatally wounded, and a second employee suffered a gunshot wound to the arm, but is in good condition. In addition, an independent contract grower for the Company apparently died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound following the incident. The details of this morning's events remain under investigation by the authorities at this time and we are working with the local police in every way possible to investigate this matter. Pending this investigation, we cannot provide any further information at this time. Everyone at Sanderson Farms is deeply saddened by the loss of our employee and contract grower, and we extend our deepest sympathies to the victims' families at this time.''
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016