US: Sanderson Farms shares jump on Q2 profit rise
Sanderson Farms has seen a rise in Q2 profits as demand for chicken grows and grain prices remain stable
Lower grain costs and increased demand in poultry products have seen Sanderson Farms post higher second-quarter sales and earnings.
For the period ended 30 April, the US poultry producer reported a net profit of US$51m compared with $24m a year earlier.
Operating income stood at $78.4m, versus $39m for the same period a year earlier.
Sales also increased to $660m compared with $621m.
CEO Joe Sanderson said he was "reasonably optimistic" as the firm headed into the summer months, "typically the peak demand period for chicken".
Shares in Sanderson were up 3.22% at $90.48 per share today (29 May) as of 10:33 ET.
Click here for the full results.
Synopsis Canadean's "Sanderson Farms, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profil...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global meat market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest ha...
Poultry (Including Chicken, Duck & Turkey) Processing and Packaging Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021, NAIC 311615 Vital industry-specif...
The report “Processed Poultry Meat & Poultry Processing Equipment Market By Types (Chicken, Turkey, Ducks), By Product Type (Fresh Processed, Raw-Cooked, Pre-Cooked, Raw-Fermented, Cured, Dried), By E...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus