CANADA: Sanimal pledges to leave dogs and cats out of the pet food can
Canadian rendering company Sanimal has promised to cease its practice of using ground-up dog and cat carcasses, which often then find their way into pet food products. The Quebec-based firm maintained that using the carcasses of domestic animals, largely collected from animal shelters, is a cheap, efficient and environmentally friendly way of disposal. Sanimal's head of procurement Mario Couture admitted to the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex