CHINA: Sanyuan invests in expansion
Chinese dairy group Beijing Sanyuan Foods Co Ltd announced yesterday (18 July) that it intends to establish a subsidiary in Shanghai while also investing in expanding its milk capacity.
In a filing with the Shanghai Stock Exchange, the company said its board had approved a proposal to invest CNY680m (US$99.45m) in the development of a milk processing "park" in Beijing. The facility would increase Sanyuan's milk processing capacity by 12m tonnes.
The group's Shanghai subsidiary would have a registered capital of RMB3m, the company said. Sanyuan said the unit would enable it to increase its presence in eastern China.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth