CANADA/USA: Saputo buys blue cheese brands from ConAgra
Canadian dairy processor Saputo has acquired the Treasure Cave and Nauvoo blue cheese brands together with certain related assets from US food company ConAgra Foods. Montreal-based Saputo did not disclose financial terms of the deal but said the acquired assets generate annual revenues of around US$20m and will make Saputo the leader in the US blue cheese retail market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs