CANADA/USA: Saputo buys blue cheese brands from ConAgra
Canadian dairy processor Saputo has acquired the Treasure Cave and Nauvoo blue cheese brands together with certain related assets from US food company ConAgra Foods. Montreal-based Saputo did not disclose financial terms of the deal but said the acquired assets generate annual revenues of around US$20m and will make Saputo the leader in the US blue cheese retail market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Post Holdings 'secures Weetabix' in US$1.76bn deal