AUS: Saputo closes WCB pursuit with 88% stake
Saputo has acquired WCB to move into Australia and to act as platform for expansion in Asia
In a statement issued to the Australian stock exchange, Saputo said it had "acquired a relevant interest of 87.920% of Warrnambool shares".
Saputo, which beat off bids for WCB from Australian firms Bega Cheese and Murray Goulburn, added: "Saputo looks forward to working closely with the board and management of Warrnambool to pursue Warrnambool's strategic objectives and continue to grow its business. At this stage Saputo expects that Warrnambool will remain listed on ASX, unless and until Warrnambool no longer meets criteria for listing."
Japanese food and drinks giant Kirin Holdings has retained its 9.99% stake in WCB, shares acquired through Australian dairy arm Lion.
The stake was purchased when the battle to buy WCB intensified. The move was seen as a way of protecting its business interests. WCB produces cheese sold under brands owned by Lion.
Lion CEO Stuart Irvine, speaking as the company issued a trading update for the year to the end of September, said today: "Our recent investment in Warrnambool Cheese & Butter further strengthens the close relationship we have enjoyed with WCB in our domestic cheese business over many years."
Canadean's "Bega Cheese Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
Dairy in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descripti...
"The Future of the Dairy Food Market in Chile to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company researc...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom