CANADA: Saputo delivers better-than-expected Q2 results
Canadian cheese maker Saputo has posted a better-than-expected quarterly profit, helped by higher cheese prices in the US. Montreal-based Saputo reported earnings of C$58.2m (US$43.5m), or 56 cents a share, for the second quarter to 30 September, compared to earnings of $42.1m, or 40 cents a share, a year earlier.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix