CANADA: Saputo extends cheese slice recall
Saputo has extended its cheese recall
Canadian dairy giant Saputo is expanding a cheese recall over fears more products may be contaminated with listeria bacteria.
On 26 November, Saputo recalled batches of Faith Farms processed cheese amid concern the products could be contaminated.
However, Saputo said yesterday (2 December) that it has since closed a production line, on which possibly contaminated cheese products were manufactured, and began an investigation in collaboration with The Canadian Food Inspection Agency. The probe is ongoing.
Saputo said that although the exact cause of the incident remains undetermined, it is "placing public health interest first" and is voluntarily recalling all processed cheese products manufactured on the affected production line.
"Saputo Inc is taking these broader precautionary actions to respond proactively to the situation. There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of the recalled products," the company said.
The recall includes items from the Faith Farms, St-Albert and Sunspun ranges. These processed cheese slice products may have been sold through retailers, cash-and-carry and deli stores and may also have been sold to foodservice institutions.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Wrigley opposes Perfetti Van Melle "WTF" TM
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report