CANADA: Saputo extends cheese slice recall
Saputo has extended its cheese recall
Canadian dairy giant Saputo is expanding a cheese recall over fears more products may be contaminated with listeria bacteria.
On 26 November, Saputo recalled batches of Faith Farms processed cheese amid concern the products could be contaminated.
However, Saputo said yesterday (2 December) that it has since closed a production line, on which possibly contaminated cheese products were manufactured, and began an investigation in collaboration with The Canadian Food Inspection Agency. The probe is ongoing.
Saputo said that although the exact cause of the incident remains undetermined, it is "placing public health interest first" and is voluntarily recalling all processed cheese products manufactured on the affected production line.
"Saputo Inc is taking these broader precautionary actions to respond proactively to the situation. There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of the recalled products," the company said.
The recall includes items from the Faith Farms, St-Albert and Sunspun ranges. These processed cheese slice products may have been sold through retailers, cash-and-carry and deli stores and may also have been sold to foodservice institutions.
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- just the answer: Gardein founder Yves Potvin
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Analysis: Quality, innovation driving Chinese milk
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- Finsbury buys Johnstone's Just Desserts
- General Mills cuts Yoplait sugar by 25%
- Dean Foods brings milk brands under single label
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- Consumer and Market Insights: Confectionery Market in the UK
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019