USA: Saputo Inc. completes acquisition of Dairyworld Foods
Saputo Inc. declared yesterday that it has closed the transaction announced on December 18, 2000 for the acquisition of the fluid-milk and cheese operations as well as certain joint-venture interests of Agrifoods International Cooperative Limited, more commonly known as "Dairyworld Foods". The purchase price is approximately C$407 million (US$268 million) on a debt-free basis and is being financed through bank indebtedness.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods