USA: Saputo Inc. completes acquisition of Dairyworld Foods
Saputo Inc. declared yesterday that it has closed the transaction announced on December 18, 2000 for the acquisition of the fluid-milk and cheese operations as well as certain joint-venture interests of Agrifoods International Cooperative Limited, more commonly known as "Dairyworld Foods". The purchase price is approximately C$407 million (US$268 million) on a debt-free basis and is being financed through bank indebtedness.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry