CANADA: Saputo Inc. - financial results for fiscal 2001 - net earnings up 10.1% - cash flow up 8.0%
Saputo Inc. revealed today its financial results for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2001. NET EARNINGS UP 10.1 % The Company's net earnings for fiscal 2001 stood at $110.2 million ($2.15 per share), up 10.1% over last year's earnings of $100.1 million ($2.00 per share). However, certain factors beyond the Company's control - such as the fact that the price per pound of cheese on the American market dropped to its lowest point of the last twenty years, the reality of rising energy costs and difficult conditions in the export market that have hampered the expansion of our international customer base - have had a negative impact and slowed the progress of net earnings for fiscal 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail