CANADA: Saputo Inc. - financial results for fiscal 2001 - net earnings up 10.1% - cash flow up 8.0%
Saputo Inc. revealed today its financial results for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2001. NET EARNINGS UP 10.1 % The Company's net earnings for fiscal 2001 stood at $110.2 million ($2.15 per share), up 10.1% over last year's earnings of $100.1 million ($2.00 per share). However, certain factors beyond the Company's control - such as the fact that the price per pound of cheese on the American market dropped to its lowest point of the last twenty years, the reality of rising energy costs and difficult conditions in the export market that have hampered the expansion of our international customer base - have had a negative impact and slowed the progress of net earnings for fiscal 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units