CANADA: Saputo names Sbarba as COO
Sbarba will take up his role as COO of Saputo in April
Canadian dairy company Saputo has appointed Dino Dello Sbarba to the position of COO, as part of a reshuffle of its management team.
Sbarba has been with the company since 1990 and has served as president and COO of its cheese division for Canada and the US. Since 2006, he has been acting as president and COO of Saputo's dairy products division in Canada, as well as Europe and Argentina.
Lorenzo Spinelli will take over the role of president and COO of the dairy products division in Canada, while Kai Bockmann will become president and COO of the international dairy products division, formerly known as the dairy products divisions for Europe and Argentina.
Spinelli joined Saputo in 1998 and has acted as senior vice president and general director of Saputo's dairy products divisions for Europe and Argentina since 2009.
Bockmann has over 15 years of international experience in the food industry. He has held several senior management positions in production, sales and marketing.
The changes will be effective from 1 April, with the exception of Bockmann who will join the company on 9 January.
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- M&A Watch: Emmi shareholders should consider sale
- Nestle organic sales fall on Asia, Europe
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Heinz jobs in Australasia to go in restructuring
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk