CANADA: Saputo posts rise in Q4 profit, on the lookout for acquisitions
North American cheesemaker Saputo has posted a rise in fourth-quarter profit and said it was on the lookout for possible acquisitions. Montreal-based Saputo posted earnings of C$47.8m (US$35.2m) for the quarter to 31 March, compared with $43.3m in the year-ago period. Sales were down to $807.1m from $833.6m because of a lower selling price per pound of cheese in the US and the appreciation of the Canadian dollar against the US dollar.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea