CANADA: Saputo posts rise in Q4 profit, on the lookout for acquisitions
North American cheesemaker Saputo has posted a rise in fourth-quarter profit and said it was on the lookout for possible acquisitions. Montreal-based Saputo posted earnings of C$47.8m (US$35.2m) for the quarter to 31 March, compared with $43.3m in the year-ago period. Sales were down to $807.1m from $833.6m because of a lower selling price per pound of cheese in the US and the appreciation of the Canadian dollar against the US dollar.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses