CANADA: Saputo profit growth speeds up as sales rebound
Saputo saw its profit growth accelerate during its second quarter
Canadian dairy giant Saputo saw its profit growth accelerate during its second quarter as sales rebounded after falling in the first three months of its fiscal year.
Saputo booked net earnings of C$125.5m (US$123.7m) for the three months to the end of September, a jump of 32.8% on the year. Net earnings had grown 26.6% in Saputo's first quarter.
The company's second-quarter sales rose 5.3% to C$1.56bn after a first quarter when revenues dipped 0.7%.
The continued growth in cheese prices boosted Saputo's revenues and EBITDA during the quarter. Saputo's EBITDA was up 20.7% at C$174.7m.
However, Saputo said the strengthening of the Canadian dollar against the US dollar and the Argentinian peso took C$35m from sales and C$5m from EBITDA.
Click here for the full second-quarter statement from Saputo.
Saputo, Canada's largest dairy processor, yesterday (17 February) announced that it has shelled out US$270.5m to acquire Fairmount Cheese Holdings, the parent company of speciality cheese group DCI....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019