CANADA: Saputo reports net earnings up 29.1% in 2002
Montreal-based dairy processor Saputo has reported positive financial results for the fiscal year ended 31 March 2002. Net earnings totalled C$160.2m (US$104.4m), or C$1.56 (basic) per share, an increase of 29.1% over the C$124.1m or C$1.21 (basic) per share (before amortization of goodwill) of the previous fiscal year. Dairyworld, acquired on 5 February 2001, was the main driving force behind this increase, and once again this year each of the divisions performed well.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1