CANADA: Saputo reports Q3 net earnings up 37.1%
Canada's largest dairy processor Saputo has posted financial results for its Q3 of fiscal 2002, ended 31 December 2001, with net earnings up 37.1% year on year, to C$35.1m (US$22m)(C$0.34/share) from C$25.6m (C$0.25/share). Saputo explained that two important elements are reflected in these results. First, the performance of its latest acquisition, Dairyworld, whose integration process is still on course and whose performance is very encouraging. The contribution of Dairyworld activities to the overall earnings of the company grows steadily. Indeed, its EBITDA margin has risen by more than 50% since its acquisition in February 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry