CANADA: Saputo says quarterly dividends to double
Saputo, the largest dairy processor in Canada and one of the leading cheese producers in the US, has posted net earnings of C$42.1m (C$0.41 per share) for its Q1 2003, ended 30 June 2002, up 4.5% from C$40.3m (C$0.40 per share) year on year. Revenues of C$873.9m were essentially flat year on year. Although, Saputo said, had it not been for the drop in the average price per pound of cheese in the US during the Q1 2003, the revenues would have been greater by about C$37m. Also, Grocery Products Sector sales in Q1 2002 included C$19.8m from the cookies, fine breads and soups that were transferred to Dare Foods in July 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival