CANADA: Saputo set to expand, Q2 profit
Canadian dairy company Saputo is set to pursue internal acquisitions and improve efficiencies, after booking an increase in second-quarter profits.
The company said its grocery products sector will continue to focus on increasing sales volumes and developing sales in the US market. The dairy products division (US) will continue to focus on improving operational efficiencies.
"Our goal remains to continue to improve efficiencies and pursue growth internally and through acquisitions," Saputo added.
For the three months ended 30 September, revenues jumped 15.5% to reach C$1.79bn (US$1.71bn). This was mainly due to the acquisition of US speciality cheese maker DCI Cheese Co, increased sales volumes and a "more favourable dairy ingredients market in the US dairy products sector", the company said.
Higher selling prices in relation to the higher cost of milk in the Canadian and Argentinian divisions and higher sales volumes in the Argentinian division of the CEA dairy products sector also increased revenues.
EBITDA reached C$213.1m, up 0.8% on the same period last year. The company yesterday (9 November) posted net earnings of CS127.1m, up 1% on last year. EPS was $0.63 and diluted EPS was $0.61 for the quarter, compared to basic and diluted EPS of $0.60 for the same period last year.
For the first six months of the of the year, the company booked a 14.8% jump in revenues, to C$3.43bn. EBITDA reached C$422.7m, climbing 5% on last year. Net earnings were C$253.6m, for the period, up 6.8%.
Canadian dairy company Saputo has recorded an increase in third-quarter earnings, boosted by the acquisition of DCI Cheese Co. last year and an increase in exports to Argentina....
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Colombia - ISA Country Report
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide