CANADA: Saputo set to expand, Q2 profit
Canadian dairy company Saputo is set to pursue internal acquisitions and improve efficiencies, after booking an increase in second-quarter profits.
The company said its grocery products sector will continue to focus on increasing sales volumes and developing sales in the US market. The dairy products division (US) will continue to focus on improving operational efficiencies.
"Our goal remains to continue to improve efficiencies and pursue growth internally and through acquisitions," Saputo added.
For the three months ended 30 September, revenues jumped 15.5% to reach C$1.79bn (US$1.71bn). This was mainly due to the acquisition of US speciality cheese maker DCI Cheese Co, increased sales volumes and a "more favourable dairy ingredients market in the US dairy products sector", the company said.
Higher selling prices in relation to the higher cost of milk in the Canadian and Argentinian divisions and higher sales volumes in the Argentinian division of the CEA dairy products sector also increased revenues.
EBITDA reached C$213.1m, up 0.8% on the same period last year. The company yesterday (9 November) posted net earnings of CS127.1m, up 1% on last year. EPS was $0.63 and diluted EPS was $0.61 for the quarter, compared to basic and diluted EPS of $0.60 for the same period last year.
For the first six months of the of the year, the company booked a 14.8% jump in revenues, to C$3.43bn. EBITDA reached C$422.7m, climbing 5% on last year. Net earnings were C$253.6m, for the period, up 6.8%.
Canadian dairy company Saputo has recorded an increase in third-quarter earnings, boosted by the acquisition of DCI Cheese Co. last year and an increase in exports to Argentina....
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom