CANADA/USA: Saputo shares rise on Land O' Lakes talk
Shares in Canadian dairy giant Saputo rose 3.5% on Friday amid rumours that the company may be interested in acquiring assets of US dairy Land O' Lakes. Saputo is believed to be eyeing the dairy products assets of Land O' Lakes, which may be looking to divest some of its cheese assets in a bid to reduce debt, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail